Beau

Beau
Our "Beau"tiful Blessing

Friday, July 15, 2011

You make me smile....

There aren't too many moments with Beau that I'm NOT smiling.  The kid is a ham and makes me laugh and smile even on the worst of days.


Beau is enjoying certain toys NOW that he should have been enjoying a year ago.  Here's what I mean; because he is developmentally delayed, he's just now understanding toys that a year ago he didn't get.  Parents with intellectually disabled/developmentally delayed children should get what I'm saying.  It's frustrating that when the child finally understands the toy, they're too big to enjoy it fully.  This means that he's bigger than the average kid should be to be enjoying his cozy coupe, for instance.  He has finally figured out how to move his legs to make the car move forward.  Unfortunately he's 3 1/2 and pretty tall and when he tries to move his legs forward his knees hit the steering wheel.  BUT, because he is my little genius, he's come up with the alternative way to drive his car.  Take a look below!


Now that's using your head!  As you can see, he's standing up in the car with his head out the windshield and he's walking forward - which isn't very easy to do.  He's bound and determined to get his enjoyment out of this car! His ability to make the best of any situation is what I love so much about Beau. 

I thought I would throw in a few more pictures that would give you an idea of how funny our little man can be and why we just can't get enough of him!  Here he is in front of one of his many mirrors.




There's nothing better than walking around in your diaper, your t-shirt, your safety vest AND for good measure - a mixing bowl on your head!  Never can be too safe in your own home lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment